It’s very common today that youngsters are adopting to new fashion styles. The trends of old eras were quite different from what we see today. Not to boost about the old styles; they were somewhat underrated before. Haha!! But to see the true side, it is not possible for fashion designers to bring out new ideas every time. They observe the old famous fashion trends and modify them as new products. Not only them, even we try this. Here are some old fashioned but new fashion styles that you may not be knowing:
- Blouse: The old age ladies were seen to be wearing full hand sleeves blouse for that they were not allowed to expose the body. It was actually to protect them from sun to prevent tanning and skin diseases. The positive side of this is known, moreover in the name fashion we see women wearing full hand sleeves in occasions and some also regularly.
- One piece/frocks: Children up to teenage (some even later) use to wear one piece dresses with their designs; bottom in bubbly, non-fitting types. They were used in order to make girls free and comfortable to play plus to help it in summer seasons. People? One piece dresses are adopted from western (everyone says so) but they were also being worn in India; just in different designs.
- Curly hair: There were no straighteners or shit! All the strands of curly hair remained for life as they were and thus the beauty. That natural look to hair was somewhere put in break and the fashion of straight hair began. Still, some people don’t realize and they keep changing their hair style by either straightening or curling up. I see, girls and boys seeking their hair stylists for changing their straight hair to curly hair or vice versa. The originality is lost due to this.
- Anklet bracelet: There were scientific reasons for women to wear anklets with clasp in legs; what we call ‘payal’ in hindi. The anklets were made of silver. Silver is an element known for reducing heat of body. But, now fashion it is to wear a single anklet in legs. Nothing wrong in it, though, but if you are wearing it, try to buy silver ones to make it effective too.
- Dhoti: When there were no pants or two legged wear with single waist, people use to wear dhoti where ever they use to go. This pattern has come back in today as a traditional wear. People wear it as a proud ancient wear of their ancestors. Different kinds of dhoti patterns are worn by males in occasions like wedding, ganpati festival and other festivals, etc.
- Earrings: The long earrings, which were called as ‘jhumkas’. Females were observed wearing them in old times as a fashion suit. But, in middle era this fashion got outdated. Back are the ‘jhumka’ earrings. Now, those wearing are called beautiful and traditionally sober.
- Nose ring: Nose rings were worn to awake acute pressure points that kept away from diseases. It is scientific, totally. As you can see girls wearing them nowadays, it is in fashion. Press rings or straight piercing, both activate the point and may protect you from diseases.
- Fitting dress: Fitting dresses has no scientific reason, but were known trendy. In between, this style was vanished, but today we see fitting clothes are famous for that it makes one feel sexy and also look sexy and beautiful.
- Bangles: A dozen or two of bangles which the smiths use to make by hand (difference is that now they maybe machine made), were on going fashion until middle age. We see girls wearing bangles in weddings, parties and where not in occasions. Difference is that they are more work made and colorful.
- Long Gaouns: ‘Maxis’ they were called. Full gaouns were used by film actresses and thus common people. Now, they are known as western wears. Neck to ankle covering these maxis were quite famous as sober clothing and are again famous now.
- Navvari/Brahmni/Peshwai/Cotton Saree: Sarees from Maharahtra like Navvari, Brahmni, Peshwai, and cotton were worn by Peshwa dynasty (ofcourse by women), Lavaani dancers, even by common ladies. Mumtaz, the 70s film actresses, use to wear fish cut sarees. This way is picked up and thus we see girls with fitting sarees, looking sexy. Cotton sarees come with simplistic appearance, though this is the pattern that looks sober and charming and standing out.
What new fashion defines is what you once called ‘yakkk, the old fashion styles suck’. J Enjoy wearing them again.